Tire and Service Consultant
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:The primary and ultimate responsibility of the Tire and Service Consultant is improvement in car dealer tire sales productivity through delivery of effective training, merchandising, and event support to car dealers to drive company sales growth. The Consultant will report to the Field Training Manager – Car Dealer Channel, who in turn, reports to the Director of Sales – Car Dealer Channel.
- Review and assess effectiveness of dealer tire sales activities. Identify training, merchandising, and event support required to increase dealer tire sales productivity.
- Provide effective program knowledge, product training, and sales training to car dealerships.
- Provide effective merchandising assistance to car dealerships.
- Provide effective event development and support to car dealerships.
- Support green-field blitzes and focus market actions with on-site training, merchandising, and event management.
- Develop account strategies to increase revenues
- Employ business development tools (including Professional Selling Skills) as provided by the Company
- Gather business intelligence and share with field partners and field support center partners
- Attain training and event objectives within the assigned territory
- Complete understanding of car dealer and tire manufacturer training programs
- Complete understanding of access to and use of merchandising materials available to car dealers
- Ability to support the development and execution of tire sales events at the car dealership
- Must master the business development tools (e.g. PSS, Car Dealer Needs Analysis, CRM, OE Connection, proprietary web portals) as assessed by Training Facilitators.
- Demonstrate, maintain, and sustain proper use of the business development tools as assessed in-market by the Field Training Manager – Car Dealer Channel.
- Understand and convey the elements of each of the corporate accounts programs to assigned accounts as assessed by the Business Development Manager – Car Dealer Channel
Key Partners (Positions):
- Director of Sales – Corporate Accounts and Car Dealer Channel
- Business Development Manager – Car Dealer Channel
- Managers – Car Dealer Sales
- Account Development Specialists
- General Managers and Directors of Business Development
- Others including Regional Vice Presidents, Regional Sales Managers, Outside Account Managers, Inside Account Managers, Customer Service Representatives, and branch administrative personnel
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university.
- Experience: Prior work/sales experience in retail sales including some combination of tire industry, auto dealership industry, and training experience.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Excellent training capabilities
- Excellent merchandising and event support capabilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Ability to apply training, merchandising, and event solutions to customer needs, directly impacting the customer’s bottom line.
- Think strategically and innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
- Act Collaboratively: Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments.
- Communicate Effectively: Communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
- Knowledge of current materials, methods, technology and practices of the Company including but not limited to:
- Professional Selling Skills (PSS) – completion of the Company required training and the application of the concepts and philosophies.
- ATD Value Proposition – the ability to develop a practical knowledge of the Value Proposition and proficient in communicating the features and benefits to the customer.
- Ability to understand and explain elements of automaker tire programs, including the business case for tire sales at car dealerships.
- Thorough understanding of ATD’s sales process
- Embrace change, self-starter, energetic
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Functional knowledge of the use of a personal computer and/or laptop.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 80+% of the time, travel throughout the geographic area within the assigned territory and may require overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other destinations will be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R06512