Individual Supports Counselor
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday 3pm-10pm, Saturday 7am-7pm
People, Incorporated is a human service agency serving the Southcoast community, including the Greater Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton areas. As a partnership of specialized, integrated programs, we provide unique opportunities to people with life challenges. Since our inception in 1968, we have been one of the largest providers of supports and services to people of all abilities in the community. Let People, Incorporated be Your Path to Opportunity!
Our Individuals Supports (IS) Program is looking for compassionate, trustworthy and personable individuals who can work independently and provide premier services to all consumers. The employee implements individualized programs as specified in Individual Service Plans, provides for consumers health and welfare, and ensures general cleanliness and safety Individuals homes.
- IS Counselors will assist individuals with developmental disabilities in their home and their community to gain necessary skills for independent living.
- IS Counselors support these individuals by providing assistance with household budgeting, making and keeping medical appointments and assisting the individuals with meaningful integration into their local community.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Skill obtained through Human Rights, Fire Safety, First Aid/CPR, MAP, and site-specific training.
- Ability to assist and/or support consumers as needed and in dead weight emergencies.
- Ability to legally and safely transport consumers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and directions.
- Ability to work and communicate with others.
- This position requires the use of your personal vehicle.
- A valid drivers license, qualifying background check and motor vehicle record is required.
People Incorporated offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes health, dental, 403(b), FSA, LTD, Life Insurance and generous accrued time off. To learn more about People Incorporated please visit us online at www.peopleinc-fr.org