Taunton State Hospital
is seeking a candidate for the Environmental Services Department to clean, maintain and insure the safety, health and morale of patients,
visitors and employees by providing a clean attractive environment.
Please Note: This position is 20 hours per week. The
incumbent will work on the 2nd shift 5:00 pm â 9:00 pm. Days off are
Sunday and Saturday
and Responsibilities (these are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Maintainfloors daily, by dry mopping and washing using appropriate supplies
- Wash,clean and otherwise sanitize patient bathing and living areas on a daily basis to ensure a clean, sanitary area.
- Washeswall, windows (inside), in offices, rest rooms and corridors.
- Stripwax floors with stripper, rinse, then apply wax and sealer.
- Moveand set up furniture to prepare room for meetings and inpatient unit areas.
- Applicants must have at least six months of full-time,or equivalent part-time experience in building custodial or institutionalhousekeeping work.
- Ability to read,write speak, and comprehend English to communicate effectivelywith a diverse group of patients, employees, and supervisors.
- Ability to follow written andoral instructions and communicate effectively in oral expression
- Given the population served,bilingual or multilingual fluency
About Taunton State
Taunton State Hospital
(TSH) operated by the Department of Mental Health (DMH) is a 45-bed inpatient
facility that provides continuing care inpatient services to adults with major
mental illnesses. The hospital is a leader in the successful integration
of the Principles of Recovery and a rehabilitation philosophy into the
treatment model and a part of the Southeast Area which works closely with the
inpatient treatment teams to facilitate patientsâ discharge back to the
As an employee of the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity
influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve -
but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features
an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your
overall compensation, including:
- 75% state paid medicalinsurance premium
- Reasonable Dental and VisionPlans
- Flexible Spending Account andDependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic and optionallife insurance
- Retirement Savings: StateEmployees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 11 paid holidays per year andcompetitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition benefit for employeeand spouse at state colleges and universities
- Short-Term Disability andExtended Illness program participation options
- Incentive-based WellnessPrograms
- Professional Development andContinuing Education opportunities
- Qualified Employer for PublicService Student Loan Forgiveness Program
A criminal background
check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the
regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services
prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori.
Education, licensure and
certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources
Divisionâs Hiring Guidelines.
license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is
subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the
For questions regarding
this requisition, please contact Executive Office of Health and Human Services
Human Resources at (508) 977-3383
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least six months of full-time, or equivalent part-time experience in building custodial or institutional housekeeping work.
Special Requirements: None
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.