APPLY TODAY! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our Modern Hire Virtual Interviewing System.
Providence is calling a Monitor Technician (Per-Diem/Day Shift) to Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
We are seeking a Monitor Technician who will be responsible for assisting in the planning, coordinating and providing high quality, individualized patient care using the components of the nursing process.
In this position you will:
- Promote patient, physician and employee satisfaction by personal example, treating all contacts with respect
- Support and participate in activities that foster customer service.
- Communicate and follow the organizational chain of command for notification of patient care/service issues, when appropriate
- Maintain required applicable licensure, certification and education.
- Attend and successfully complete general and department orientation, in-service programs and the annual key competencies and mandatory update requirements
- Participate actively in department staff meetings
- Demonstrate mastery of verbal and written communications
- Demonstrate knowledge of age specific care, including but not limited to, identifying the need for additional safety measures, physiological normal values/readings; and observing skin integrity, behavior, motor skills and/or activities that place patients at risk as well as communicates effectively in a clear, concise, understandable manner. Applicable for the populations: Adult and Geriatric
- Verbalize and demonstrate the ability to obtain and interpret cardiac rhythms
- Maintain appropriate documentation; may assist other units in documenting rhythm strips during Code Blue situations; assure that patient chart and monitor chart forms are readily available
- Recognize deviations in monitor strips and provide timely notification to Registered Nurse (RN)
- Assist the department with basic clerical duties such as answering telephones, directing visitors, processing paperwork, responding to patient call lights
- Maintain knowledge of, and demonstrate the ability to identify patient care issues and assist with patient care activities
- Transcribe physician orders accurately and promptly, immediately notify team members of STAT orders
- Perform clerical duties related to admissions, transfers, discharge and deaths
- Answer call lights in a timely manner and responds appropriately
- Document care provided in the patient care record in accordance with policies and procedures
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to provide care in emergency situations and follow established emergency procedures and practices
- Demonstrate willingness & ability to float to areas within their scope of practice as necessary
- Within the scope of practice, assists in coordination of student clinical experience and orientation of new staff
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Completion of a course in EKG recognition and its clinical implications within the probationary period
- Current LA City Fire Card within thirty (30) days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of experience in acute care setting
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women’s Pavilion & Resource Center provides women’s health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.