The Assistant Concierge Manager of The Americana at Brand is a guest facing position whowill lead a team of Concierge Ambassadors byexample to ensure a five star, high quality guest experience. This position is dedicated to ensuring unparalleled service in all interactions for valued guests. This includes, but is not limited to, service via phone, email and in person. Must be able to multi-task, track and resolve issues independently to completion all while exhibiting professionalism on a consistent basis. Manages the collection of guest feedback, sources solutions and ensures a timely response in conjunction with proper communication of feedback to internal team members, especially the General Manager for the property. The position will provide leadership to the team, including, but not limited to training, coaching and enforcing all Caruso policies and procedures. Must demonstrate willingness and aptitude to shift priorities as needed. This role requires the individual to be an organized, proactive self-starter, able to research, problem solve, and make decisions while always maintaining excellent judgment and ethics.
The position reports directly to the Concierge Manager, but will have dotted line reporting to the General Manager and the VP of Learning/Development and Hospitality.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Fulfill guest/resident and home owner service requests including, but not limited to; in home dining orders, restaurant reservations, travel arrangements, mobile charger rentals, maintenance requests, dry cleaning services, package delivery, bell cart runs, stroller/wheel chair/umbrella rental, as well as any and additional legal requests to fulfill the “full service” commitment.
- Confirm monthly reports are completed and submitted to management.
- Assist Concierge Manager in collecting the Reconciliation of sales, including managing daily cash deposits as needed. This involves Gift Card Deposits, Trolley Bags and Special Event Deposits.
- Ensure uniform guidelines are adhered to by Concierge Ambassadors at all times. Must be clean and pressed and worn in the appropriate manner. Execute uniform inventory monthly and review with Concierge Manager.
- Assist Concierge Manager in managing all holiday activities including Santa House staffing and sales, and any additional staffing for residential and property events.
- Coordinate customer and guests needs with other departments as required, guaranteeing a seamless guest experience.
- Direct and oversee the process of entering new Caruso Rewards Member Registration; Able to communicate benefits of the program to team members and all guests. Provides leadership to motivate team to exceed monthly Caruso Rewards Member goals and works with Director of Caruso Rewards to promote the Caruso Rewards Program.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of holiday activations such and the Santa House, and Bunny Bungalow.
- Consistently promote American Express Gift Card program; generating sales and processing transaction per Gift Card policy and procedure guidelines. Accountable for tracking weekly sales and reporting them in weekly management meeting.
- Understands and adheres to Steps of Service and is responsible for keeping knowledge current in regards to property information, events, changes, etc. Communicates this information to both the team and guests appropriately.
- Employee shall work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. Under no circumstances will non-cooperative behavior be tolerated.
- High School diploma.
- Three to five years of work experience.
- College degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a customer service role (ideally hotel, restaurant or retail capacity)
- Proficient in Net Facilities, GoConcierge, CRM Database, One-Call equipment and software, UltraPoS, MS Office (Excel + Outlook), and RealPage preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office tools, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Higher education relating to IT or Computer Science is preferred
- Basic understanding of IT terminology and concepts is a plus
- MS SharePoint, Advanced Excel skills will be a plus
- Self-starter with lots of initiative, team spirit and positive nature
- Tenacious with excellent follow-up
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills (written + verbal), confidence in communication with senior executive management.
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload
- Proven problem-solving and intrapersonal skills
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Possess the ability to be creative, flexible and think “outside the box”
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with all associates, including, executive management.
- Must be discrete when required to handle confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to produce high quality work while managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours including days, nights, holidays and weekends.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Able to push a Bell Cart or Flat Bed up to 35 pounds.
- Standing, walking & sitting up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Must be clean shaven at all times.
- Working outdoors up to 8 hours a day.
- Equipment used: Phone system, computer equipment, radio, flat bed cart, strollers, wheelchair, umbrellas, stanchions, and signage.
- Must be flexible and willing to work different shifts as needed, including weekends, nights and some holidays.
- Communicating verbally in person and on the telephone
Caruso is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, termination, and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local law. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Caruso considers all applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.