Member Exp Representative-Non Metro
Sharonview Standard Brand
Tar Heel, NC
Requisition Number: MEMBE01120
- Determine and present the member with the best options for meeting their financial goals through our lending products, deposit products and other products and services.
- Educate members on Sharonview’s technology solutions and the various channels to conduct business with Sharonview.
- Open new membership accounts and educate new members on Sharonview’s products and services.
- Perform all branch lending functions including the application process, gathering of loan documentation, closing the loan and complete filing and follow-up.
- Understand and know how to calculate the correct loan rate for a given product and be able to explain an APR.
- Process all member financial transactions: including but not limited to, opening and closing accounts, issuing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals, issuing certificates, issuing IRA and HSA accounts, issuing drafts, and other negotiable instruments.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account discrepancies, adding, or reducing service features on various accounts, and assisting members.
- Operate a computer terminal to accurately post transactions, access account information, loan transactions, and update member account information.
- Perform and comply with branch physical security functions on a daily basis.
- Cross-offer, sell and educate our members on our products and services.
- Work various marketing lists by contacting members on the list through email, mail and outbound sales efforts.
- Understand and be able to calculate and explain deposit rates and APRs/APYs to members.
- Accept empowerment to resolve complaints, solve member problems and refund fees without supervisory approval.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year college or university and two or more years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must have a service orientation - actively looking for ways to help people solve problems or meet financial objectives.
- Maintain a current knowledge of all deposit products plus consumer and real estate lending products. Know all of the features and benefits of each of these products.
- Maintain a current knowledge of all products and services, changes in federal regulations and internal policies and procedures specifically related to their job.
- Maintain confidentiality and safeguard all member information.
- Possess the ability to perform active listening skills: give full attention during communication, taking time to understand, asking questions for clarification.
- Demonstrate complex problem solving skills - identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Requires creativity, resourcefulness, strong decision-making and quick-thinking skills and abilities.
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with all BSA related regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Proficient with a variety of computer software applications, including MS Word and MS Outlook, and ability to learn in-house application software.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with an outgoing, friendly personality. Information can be exchanged in person, in writing, by telephone or e-mail with a wide variety of persons, both internally and externally
- Possess the ability to work well with people and to create a self-motivating work environment. Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Must accept empowerment to be accountable; must be willing to be coached and be moldable and teachable.
- Demonstrate strong organization skills, high level of accuracy, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while able to give attention to details.