Territory Sales Representative (Tampa, Florida, United States)
Req #: 36501
Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm – providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services and consultative solutions to support its customers’ projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 5,100 employees and approximately 295 company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of end markets, including construction; industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations; governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film, television, live entertainment and special event production; agricultural operations; and facilities management..
The Sales Representative is to identify, introduce, develop and nurture business relationships with companies and individuals within their designated territory. The Sales Representative’s goal is to generate and maximize revenue for the branch and the company. This is an excellent opportunity for motivated self-starters who want to enhance their skills with a company whose reputation speaks for itself.
- Daily territory management and revenue growth through visits to various customer job sites/offices
- Develop a networking list of potential clients and consistently contact them through the telephone and internet
- Develop, plan and organize sales strategies to achieve desired results/goals
- Maintain and exceed quotas by renting and selling equipment on a consistent basis
- Identify customer’s needs and react appropriately while understanding the market conditions and local competitors pricing
- Penetrate customers at the strategic level to diversify customer base to include industrial, traditional and nontraditional accounts
- Support all team members
BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
Conditions of Employment
Proven track record with 3 to 5 years of outside sales experience within the heavy equipment and/or construction markets preferred
- Ability to drive/operate multiple types of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to engage in natural verbal interaction with customers
- Ability to follow up with customers in a timely manner
- Able to walk into unfamiliar environments and adjust rapidly to the setting
- Attention to detail
- Multi-tasking individual who uses project management skills to accomplish goals
- Customer service focused
- Must react to changing business needs
- Solid and proven computer skill set (knowledge of MS Office is preferred)
- Works and communicates effectively with all levels of the company
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, nationals origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.