The Business Analyst is a crucial role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between Business needs and Technology delivery in an agile development environment. This role will be responsible for developing business requirements based on Business Group needs. The Analyst will participate in meetings with both Technology and Business Partners to facilitate the understanding, clarification, and implementation of the business requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understands business process management and business requirements of the customers and translating them to specific software requirements encompassing system functional and system- nonfunctional requirements
- Very strong technical skills, coupled with business intelligence and a deep understanding of the customer's needs so that they can be transformed into application and operational requirements
- Act as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams
- Orchestrate architectural and design sessions for determining feasible solution for product development and platform enhancement
- Write descriptions of business needs and business program functions, including creating process and data flow diagrams, workflow diagrams, test scripts, training curriculum, and quality assurance/audit procedures.
- Working towards implementing the federal/state healthcare guidelines and ensuring compliance.
- Identifying and coordinating business risks and develop solutions mitigating the identified risks in accordance with system design.
- Working with the business and various product teams to analyze and provide solution for production and development issues maintaining Healthcare regulations such as HIPAA, PCI, PHI and PII.
- Maintaining system protocols by implementing a solution in compliance with the product
- Draft raw curriculum to support development of training materials relevant to the approved client business processes.
- Establish and maintain positive client business relationships across the organization, including guiding others in understanding client businesses, processes and solution implementation.
- Maintaining user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Other duties as assigned
- years' experience as a team member on technology-based projects in highly complex business-to-business and/or outsourced client environments.
- Minimum 3 years business consulting or project management experience.
- Knowledge in fields defined as information technology, computer programming, computer security, computer system analysis, database management, information systems, internet applications and development, software development, and related fields.
- Prefer knowledge of enterprise modeling applications, such as Enterprise Architect, ProVision and/or other modeling and/or languages, including UML.
- Business process reengineering and requirements analysis skills a plus.
- Experience implementing client server and /or web-based applications.
- Experience with process and data flow diagramming.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent