Business is constantly evolving, and more than ever, staying competitive is all about identifying and adapting to change. Where theres change, theres risk, and our clients look to us for the authoritative experience and insights into strategic tax opportunities. As a Tax Manager, youll play a key role in that mission, providing tailored tax compliance and consulting for some of our most prestigious clients across all backgrounds.
Private Client Services (PCS) is a growing practice within EY, and youll see that growth reflected in your career. The team has a dedicated focus toward serving privately held companies and their owners and their families. These clients span from family owned businesses to private equity owned companies. One thing they all have in common is they are high growth private companies. As many companies choose to no longer go public, this is an ever increasing and exciting group of companies from start-up companies all the way to multi-billion-dollar global private enterprises. With a diverse portfolio of interesting and challenging work, youll make an impact on some of the most technically demanding tax planning and compliance projects around. Youll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. This is an opportunity for cross-border and cross-functional teaming. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical tax knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen.
Your key responsibilities
Depending on your unique skills and ambitions, you could be managing various responsibilities, from technical planning and advising of clients that include private entities (including C-Corp, S-Corp and Partnerships) as well as high-profile individuals/families. That will make you a trusted advisor and role model for your clients and our people across multiple teams, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues. Whatever you find yourself doing, youll personally coach and develop a highly trained team, all while handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value.
Skills and attributes for success
- Researching tax issues to develop effective tax planning strategies
- Open to all types of tax work from entity to individual
- Translating complex data from a range of sources into client-ready insights and deliverables
- Building effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
- Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and clients
- Maintaining your reputation in your field by constantly updating and sharing your technical and finest practice knowledge
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
- Identifying and reacting to risks and opportunities to improve our services and processes
To qualify for the role you must have, including deep experience in one or more technical tax areas
- A bachelor's degree in a related field, supported by significant tax, business or financial planning experience
- A CPA certification or membership in The Bar
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
- A thorough understanding of estate and wealth planning
- Experience with federal and state personal and trust taxation
- Experience with flow through entities (S-Corps, Partnerships, LLCs)
- Experience with C-Corps including income tax provisions and consolidated federal and state tax returns
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills, and the confidence to challenge senior colleagues and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
- A thorough understanding of automated tax processing systems
- A commitment to continuing your learning
Ideally, youll also have
- A proven record in tax planning for owners and families
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
Were interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the worlds most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from C-Suite executives to owners and their families, youll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where youll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way thats right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your perfect career with us. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.