As a Senior Principal Enterprise Architecture you guide a team of Architects, Engineers, QA and DevOps engineers, craft and execute Asure’s technology strategies side by side with our VP of Engineering, and deliver quality Cloud Software and Hardware via Amazon’s AWS infrastructure. You are a key member on the engineering leadership team guiding development activities and achievements. Bringing your SaaS software expertise and leveraging your development and architectural experiences you drive effective, efficient and quality products for team success. Our teams are evolving our Human Capital Management (HCM) products into their next generation, solving some interesting technical challenges, and delivering quality Cloud Software and Hardware via Amazon’s AWS infrastructure.
As a hands on technical expert, you lead our architecture team located in Burlington, VT and Tampa FL. You are integral in guiding engineering architecture solutions, activities and achievements. Your technical knowledge and leadership, communication and project management skills, along with years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others: contribute to success. You foster our culture where failing fast is encouraged and learned from; technology and processes are driven by the team; and individuals are trusted and empowered to do their best work.
You effectively build and guide your team to successfully deliver new technologies that execute on our strategic company priorities.
- Own, create, manage, and execute tactical and strategic HCM product/technology architecture roadmap through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
- Evangelizes architecture, design standards, and best practices.
- Identifies innovation opportunities for utilizing leading edge technologies.
- Collaborate with technical and operational leadership across the company to ensure that our architecture direction and approach aligns vertically throughout the technology stack.
- Partner with Product & Platform Engineering to shape our product, services, API capabilities
- Partner with key stakeholders Product Management, Information Security, SaaS Ops, DevOps executives to ensure objectives align with technology solutions.
- Understand HCM product vision and business needs to define non-functional requirements and architectural solutions.
- Develop architectural and design principles to improve performance, capacity, and scalability of all Asure product lines.
- Work with Product Manager in planning, solutioning, and execution of new HCM product releases.
- Consult business management team to clarify objectives and functional requirements for new product features and enhancements
- Work with domain, product management and product/platform engineering teams in the solution engineering efforts.
- Work with pre-sales and product management teams in solution demonstrations.
- Maintain product roadmap and architectural standards that assure product development projects optimally align with business objectives.
- Define product validation policies to deliver products that meet system and project expectations.
- Facilitate the creation, review, and sign off of project deliverables.
- Lead engineering team to provide support for production escalations and problem resolution for customers.
- Key technical resource for vetting vendor partners and interacting with them after selection.
- Ensure the right business needs are met vs. the perfect technical solution.
- Lead a team of Architects to success, through coaching and mentoring initiatives.
- Orchestrate deep-dive problem solving with your teams.
- Collaborate and communicate with a diverse platform of customers, including Fortune 500 / Global 2000, key executives within our organization, and critical external channels.
Your Qualifications- what you bring
Technology vision and leadership in the development and operational management of PaaS/SaaS products built on high-availability infrastructure. An understanding of our technology stack- and strong knowledge of products & systems architecture, programming, networking technologies, and design/implementation of multi-tenant SaaS/PaaS products. You are both a strategist, and an exceptional operator, people developer, purveyor of engineering culture, and courter of top talent.
- 8+ years of technology and software engineering leadership in a complex and fast-paced business environment, Agile Development processes, with exposure to a variety of technologies and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or an adjacent degree domain, potentially with some information systems or business administration education.
- Master's degree in business administration a plus
- Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Human Capital Management (HCM) industry.
- Ability to communicate architecture trade-offs, design rationale and build consensus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex problems.
- Ability to foster a culture of innovation and promote architecture and engineering best practices.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies.
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns.
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages.
- Data modeling and database design experience.
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes.
- Experience with service oriented architecture (SOA) and/or Microservices architecture.
- Experience with data analytics, data pipelines, data warehouse, or OLAP.
- Experience with cloud architecture and technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with serverless architecture is a plus.
- Experience leading teams to advance architecture roadmaps.
- Experience in recruitment and people development, that builds productive efficient teams
- Previous experience in evaluating team member performance and recommend specific actions (e.g. salary changes, promotion, exit, etc...).
Your Benefits- aka the good stuff
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA- effective day 1
- Basic Life, A+D, and STD
- 401K Program with matching
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company Comradery: President’s Circle Award, Team Building, Happy Hours, Charity Drives, and Team Lunches
- Some “COOL” Extras: Kitchen stocked with unlimited snacks and drinks, Taco Tuesdays, Flap Jack Fridays, End of Month Lunch, and more!
More than 60,000 clients rely on Asure Software’s technology to elevate how, when, and where work gets done. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Asure offers an amazing opportunity to take your talent to the next level.
Our mission: to provide Human Capital Management (HCM) software and services that help companies grow, while nurturing a culture of growth around us. Helping customers grow by getting the most from their human capital. Our employees grow personally and professionally. Growing relationships in our communities that inspire goodness. Combined with the goal to grow company profitability.
Our values reflect who we are and what we stand for as a company:
Embrace Change- Lead with Integrity- Own the Outcome- Deliver Awesome- Be a Good Human
We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, as we are unable to sponsor or transfer Visas at this time. Criminal background checks conducted at employment offer.