Position: Route Sales Representative
Reports to: Distribution Supervisor
Summary: Responsible for delivery and restocking of milk products to retail stores and/or wholesale distribution locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely load, unload, and deliver products at each account.
- Drive truck over established route to deliver, stock, and stage product at customer locations.
- Set up merchandise and sales promotion displays and deliver promotional material to customers.
- Verify shipment accuracy and saleable condition of product.
- Resolve discrepancies and customer complaints.
- Collect empty containers, rejected, or unsold merchandise for return.
- Complete daily inventory, orders, delivery invoices, and proof of delivery as required.
- Perform Motor Vehicle Inspections on truck to conform to DOT regulations and company policy and assist with routine maintenance on truck.
- Exhibit courteousness toward customers, work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors, maintain neat appearance, and follow established policies and direction of management.
- Maintain vehicle and hours of service logs as required by DOT.
- Maintain reliable attendance and consistent work hours.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 6 months verifiable experience driving Class A or Class B commercial vehicle preferred.
- Experience in product delivery and customer service preferred.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and accurately record data required.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and varying shifts, as required.
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb, pull, and bend.
- Must be able to routinely lift over 60 pounds and push/pull up to 300 pounds with a hand-held hook.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have Class A or B commercial drivers license with Air Brake endorsement (must also possess a valid Medical Examiners Certificate in accordance with FMCSA Part 391.41 prior to operating a commercial motor vehicle for Borden Dairy Company).
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold climates, both indoors and outdoors and on refrigerated trucks.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be beneficial based on business necessity.
- We offer stable employment with excellent pay and benefits
- Excellent medical and retirement benefits
BORDEN DAIRY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER