WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Roadway Engineer for the Tampa, Florida office. The successful candidate will:
• Be responsible for developing design plans, design variations and expectations, specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages.
• Have project experience with providing engineering design services for traditional design bid-build projects and design build highway projects.
• Possess strong a verbal, written, presentation and excellent client management skills; demonstrated ability leading and managing the design and detailing of complex transportation projects; as well as being goal oriented, quality focused, and have demonstrated success with creating and fostering a team environment.
• Collaborate with the transportation staff to develop transportation projects including but not limited to roadway, bridge, rail, transportation planning, traffic control, signing, pavement marking, knowledge of hydraulic design, and preliminary design for environmental documents.
• Assist in marketing pursuits by developing concept plans, attending marketing meetings and providing technical support on letters of responses.
• 7 plus years of related experience
• BSCE in Civil Engineering,
• Professional engineering license in Florida
• Experience with FDOT on roadway projects is preferred.
• Proficient with MicroStation software programs.