PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform sales and related activities in the service area in a professional, courteous, reliable and results-oriented manner in order to enhance the image, reputation, growth and profit of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Assists all customers and potential customers in a professional, courteous, reliable, attentive, honest and responsive manner by identifying customer needs and providing knowledgeable assistance to help them select the correct product(s) to serve their needs.
2. Remains informed on all products and demonstrates and explains products to promote proper and safe operation.
3. Helps customers with loading equipment and makes deliveries as needed.
4. Processes parts, performs assembly and light repairs and processes service repair orders through servicing customers, processing paperwork, ordering parts and informing customers when their merchandise is in.
5. Helps to maintain a neat and orderly environment, including all product displays and work areas.
6. Acquires supervisor’s approval on all disbursements of Company funds.
7. Responds to phone calls from customers or potential customers.
8. Protects the store against theft by reporting suspicious activity to the manager on duty.
9. Participates in all non-commission events deemed necessary by the Company such as physical inventories, sales meetings, trade shows and special sales.
10. Sources all parts for stock and repairs, orders parts, follows up on backorders and recommends stocking of new product or number on hand to better serve the customers.
11. Keeps supervisor informed of important information developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
12. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school education or equivalent, plus at least one year of college or technical training.
· At least six months of related retail sales experience or technical experience
· Knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc.
· High mechanical aptitude.
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
· Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or hear.
· Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
· Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting.
· Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.
· Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.