- R. Liaison AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Nights 40 hours per week.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates AHS and Florida Hospital Tampa's policies, rule and procedures by providing courteous service, assisting lost guest and problem solving to meet special needs or requests.
- Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers, in person or on the telephone. Prioritizes work through utilization of resource lists.
- Assists the Operating room staff in preparing the O.R. suite for surgery by assisting in instruments and equipment preparation.
- Participates and assists in the new employee orientation, on the job training, in-service education and or facility quality assurance programs when needed.
- Responds to problem calls from Surgery during and after regular business hours as needed.
- Transports sterilized instrumentation to the service technicians in the O.R. area as needed.
- Collects and transports appropriate instruments to the designated cleaning area as needed.
- Process and cleans all equipment according to manufacturer's instructions for use including the use of protective equipment.
- Places instrumentation in appropriate containers. Ensures all instruments are properly arranged in instrument trays and have no broken insulation or damaged operational parts.
- Verifies that required instrumentation has been sterilized and is available for next-day, call or weekend cases.
- Reports broken instrumentation to immediate supervisor or manager.
- Shares knowledge with co-workers through open communication and continuous upgrading of skills.
- Works with team leaders and service coordinators to keep set list current as needed.
- Follows chain of command within hospital regarding problems or issues to ensure proper communication and resolution.
- Completes documentation as required for services applicable.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Capable of lifting 35 lbs. independently.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Requires thorough working knowledge of Microsoft office applications and is capable of learning software programs and or hardware as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in processing and sterilization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- A.A. or equivalent from two year college or technical school. Related experience may be considered in lieu of A.A.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Successful completion of an approved central service technician course or competency certification through the national organization (IAHCSMM or CBSPD).
- Current status as a certified registered central service technician (CRCST).
- Completion of education requirements to maintain certification.
- LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Current Certified Instrument Specialist(CIS) or Certified Surgical Instrument Specialist(CSIS)
- Basic Life Support
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
- e. vision, values, etc
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
Coordination and oversight of daily activities between the operating room (O.R.) and the sterile processing department (SPD) to facilitate efficient case flow. Responsible for assisting in projects and process improvement initiatives in compliance with contractual obligations. Promotes customer service/satisfaction through training, education and resolution of staff and physicians
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.