Nurse Manager of Staff Education AdventHealth Carrollwood
Location Address: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
- Family-like culture
- Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
- Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
You Will Be Responsible For:
- He/She is a role model for professional practice. He/She has oversight of hospital policies, student affiliation agreements and other special projects as assigned by the Director of Human Resources in collaboration with the hospital's CNO/VP Patient Care Services. He/She coordinates PALS, ACLS, NRP, CPR activities. He/She manages staff in the Education and Clinical Informatics department, and manages the learning management systems.
What You Will Need:
- Ability to support mission/vision of faith-based organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates a strong clinical and leadership background.
- Detail oriented, excellent planning and facilitation skills.
- Willingness to adapt to the changing needs of staff and the organization.
- Ability to train and coach others.
- Strong project management skills.
- Adept at establishing partnerships and building relationships.
- Ability to think critically and strategically in developing practical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability in organization and multi-tasking in curriculum development, assignment and execution for outcomes.
- Proficient in use of Cerner electronic medical record software
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with Master's Degree in Nursing or related specialty area.
- 3 or more years of educational experience including clinical
- 3 or more years of formal leadership at manager level or above
- Experience in training, instructional design, organization development or specific technical/clinical skills
- Demonstrated teaching competence.
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse, or advanced practice nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Experience in leadership development/training, assessments and evaluations
- Doctorate degree in nursing or related field.
- Completion of MBTI, Lean or TPS training.
- Training and or experience in teaching adult learners.
The Manager of Education and Professional Practice oversees facility-wide education and reports directly to the Director of Human Resources. He/She is responsible for collaboration with department leaders for developmental needs assessment, development and facilitation of education for all levels of staff in the facility. He/She will assure that programming is evidence based, innovative and in accordance with the organization's strategic initiatives.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.