Performs janitorial cleaning of building work area, equipment and fixture surfaces. Cleans and keeps in an orderly condition factory working areas and washrooms, or premises of an office or commercial or other establishment. Must work in accordance to the Statement of Work.
- Perform janitorial duties by using only approved cleaning products.
- Loads and unloads supplies, and moves equipment using dollies, handcarts, or power equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, mirrors, and fixtures using both step and extension ladders.
- Shampoos carpets.
- Sweep and/or vacuum assigned building work areas.
- Mop and/or scrub floor surfaces.
- Polish floor areas.
- Remove trash, recycling and other refuse daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up.
- Dust equipment, furniture, and fixtures.
- Polish metal, fixtures and trimmings.
- Provide supplies and minor maintenance services.
- Clean lavatories, showers and restroom areas.
- Wash windows.
- Re-stock supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in building janitorial services.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government background security clearance.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the janitorial service.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Knowledge of the proper use of chemicals.
- Focused on providing strong customer service.
- Capacity to take direction.
- Must have basic reading and writing skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Able to perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong attendance record and be punctual.
- Able to work with others in a professional manner.
- Follows and works in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Occasionally required to work evening and/or weekend
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
High School Diploma / GED
0 - 25%