The Organizational Development Intern will help create a consistent, virtual Onboarding Program to include day one orientation, a buddy system, manager toolkits, and quick reference guides. You will be exposed to all facets of the training development creation process, including the planning, designing, and deployment of the training content across different areas of the business.This role will gain experience by supporting projects such as:
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Creation of engaging learning activities and tools (i.e. videos, simulations, role-plays, gamification)
- Implementation of a virtual onboarding system
- Development of instructional graphics and job aids
- Design and development of various modes of assessment (i.e. surveys and quizzes) to measure effectiveness
- Completion of at least 2 years of Instructional Design related graduate or undergraduate program before the start of the internship
- Experience using standard course creation software (Articulate Studio, Adobe Captivate, Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral) with the team
- Aptitude for Human Resources
- Quick learner, responsible, detail-oriented, tech savvy
Axogen (NASDAQ: AXGN) is the leading company focused specifically on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. We are passionate about helping to restore peripheral nerve function and quality of life to patients with physical damage or discontinuity to peripheral nerves by providing innovative, clinically proven and economically effective repair solutions for surgeons and health care providers. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Physical damage to a peripheral nerve, or the inability to properly reconnect peripheral nerves, can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling, or the initiation of pain. Axogen's platform for peripheral nerve repair features a comprehensive portfolio of products which are available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and several other countries.
We are building a culture that attracts, inspires, motivates, and develops individuals and teams to achieve excellence by embracing our values. We are just getting started, and we have a tremendous opportunity to improve the quality of life and offer hope for patients with debilitating nerve damage.
We seek new team members who have Axogenic values:
o Demonstrates consideration for others’ ideas and contributions.
o Engages in passionate debate around issues in a positive and constructive way with appropriate language.
o Communicates truthfully, completely and directly with the person or people involved.
o Consistently looks for ways to support all team members’ success.
o Put’s the whole team’s/company’s priorities ahead of individual priorities.
o Involves team members appropriately in decision-making and information-sharing.
o Willing to stand up for his/her beliefs and point of view.
o Consistently recognizes and focuses on the importance of the work we do, despite uncertainties and risk.
o Is optimistic and encouraging in words and actions.
Drive to Results
o Consistently anticipates and finds ways to overcome obstacles to achieving the goals
o Holds himself/herself accountable for taking tasks all the way to completion.
o Can clearly communicate important company goals and what he/she needs to do in order to accomplish them.
o Considers the impact on the customer in every decision.
o Holds himself/herself to high standards of excellence to serve the customer.
o Is seen by the customer as highly responsive in every interaction.
Axogen is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status.