The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) HRIS Specialist provides daily operational Workday human resources information system support to end-users, develops solutions for business problems, ensures data integrity, monitors existing integrations to ensure accuracy, tests system changes, prepares reports, and serves as functional and technical point-of-contact for end users.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support human resources information system (HRIS) ongoing life cycle development program, e.g., Workday, iCIMS, Skillsoft, Qualtrics.
- Monitor existing integrations to ensure the accuracy of the inbound or outbound information.
- Collaborate on end-to-end processes in Workday HCM, Compensation, Talent Management, Absence, Recruiting, and Security and Reporting.
- Leverage Workday's functionality to improve, gain efficiencies, and enable new features for end users.
- Configure core and advanced business processes. Recommend security improvements.
- Conduct audits and resolve data integrity issues.
- Identify design or process challenges and serve as advisor to end users.
- Review, test, and implement HRIS system upgrades, new functionality, and fixes or patches.
- Perform Workday functional activities, e.g., building calculated fields, report configuration, EIBs, and system audits.
- Configure HR business processes and templates for business scenarios including benefits open enrollment, testing processes, and compliance with government regulations.
- Customize user interface to ensure a streamlined, intuitive, and consistent approach, e.g., look, feel, voice, brand, terminology.
- Write, test, and maintain reports utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Develop standard reports for ongoing HR needs and requirements based on HR leadership requests.
- Document processes and results. Advise on enhancements to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and maintain current and accurate HRIS SOPs.
- Collaborate with functional and technical staff. Support integrations and improve processes and efficiencies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of the human resources function.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of human resources information systems, e.g., Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle.
- Demonstrated understanding of HRIS database design, structure, functions, and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize critical thinking skills and analytical skills in problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data requests into useful reports and dashboards.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into systematic processes.
- Good project management skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage projects.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office, especially Excel with expertise in data manipulation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate information effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse team members and build effective working relationships with team members.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and complete assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate problems and identify creative, innovative solutions.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, operations, business, human resources, or relevant field. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five years of experience working with human resources information systems.
- Two years of experience with HRIS integrations.
- Workday PRO certification.
- Human Resource Information Professional (HRIP).
- Three years of HRIS configuration experience.
- Three years of experience with Workday HCM, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Management, Absence, Security and Reporting, Recruiting.