Minimum Salary $8.56 Maximum Salary $9.50
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Family Programming Attendant will nurture and develop children in the YMCA member Stay & Play, Youth Zone, and Parent's Night Out program. This position is responsible for providing safe and enjoyable childcare for members and their children by maintaining visual and auditory supervision at all times. Attendants are responsible for the safety and well being of each child under their supervision and will provide engagement and direction to a large group of children varying in age and ability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a passion for working with children of all ages and abilities.
- Communicate in a professional and positive manner to children, parents, guests, and other associates.
- Provide a safe and enjoyable environment for members and their children.
- Greet every parent and child as they arrive and depart from the area and ensures that parents/guardians follow the sign in/sign out procedures for drop off and pick up according to Y policies/procedures.
- Engage children by implementing Question of the Day, thematic discussions, arts and crafts activities, and best practices daily.
- Initiate and supervise age appropriate games and activities.
- Maintain a clean environment by disinfecting toys, wiping tables and chairs, wiping shelves, putting toys and equipment away properly, cleaning common areas, and wiping bathrooms and sinks down as necessary.
- Maintain a safe environment by directly supervising children throughout the program area – encouraging positive behaviors, knowing where each child is at all times and never leaving a child unattended, maintaining the sign in/sign out sheet, identifying potential hazards in the area, and adhering to Y policies and standards.
- Follow standards and policies as explained in the Stay & Play Staff Handbook, the Stay & Play Parent Manual, and the Tampa YMCA Employee Handbook.
- Enforce all rules and to make effective decision making to assure the safety and security of program participants.
The Tampa Y is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.