Director of Development / Sr. Web Developer
Who we are:
We have more than 20 years of experience creating unique brands for clients who come to us with identity and scalability issues as well as frustration in measuring their efforts. We solve those problems by taking a modern, full-cycle approach to tell our clients stories as their trusted partner.
We believe that our most important asset is our people. Were a lean team of diverse individuals who take ownership of our areas of expertise and work together to create impactful solutions to complex problems. We foster a culture of honesty, transparency and respect. We dont believe in micromanaging, but we do believe that everyone will create the best work when they want to work. Because of this, weve structured our company around the philosophy of self-ownership, respect and creating a good work-life balance for every individual.
What we're looking for:
If youre a full-stack web development guru in the Eastern or Central time zone with a passion for seeing a project through from conception to launch - we want to talk to you! As a part of our dynamic, best-in-class team, your day-to-day responsibilities will include developing full site builds from concept to completion, collaborating with and providing guidance to junior developers on team, performing routine site audits, providing ongoing maintenance for projects post-launch, and contributing to the strategic direction of company growth and technology initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a proven background in Full Stack Development with an emphasis on Wordpress Development and extensive knowledge of DNS configuration, SMTP configuration, website security and hosting platforms (WPEngine, Cloudways, AWS). You will lead the charge as our primary expert in all things Development and Technology and be a key driver of company innovation in this space.
We believe that the best projects arent produced in silos. A key component of this role will be working cross-functionally with department implementation teams (such as design, content, and search) to collaborate from concept to design, and through deployment to create dynamic, engaging web experiences tailored to different needs, unique brands, and diverse target audiences.
This position requires an individual who has a strong sense of accountability and pride in their work, who must be equally comfortable improving existing code as well as starting large projects from scratch.
We have a hybrid virtual working environment, so it will be your choice to work from home or our Tampa Bay office meeting deadlines and being available for scheduled collaboration time are the major requirements.
- Lead the development team to plan, build, launch and maintain websites
- Provide hands-on support for the execution of development and DevOps efforts.
- Partner with Design, Content, and SEO teams to understand project objectives to make well-reasoned design decisions based on scope, resources, and complexity of the problem
- Implement and manage a development process for internal code standards and documentation
- Onboard new employees and contractors to the team and to the services your team owns
- Simultaneously manage large, complex projects alongside daily standard service requests
- Heavy experience in WordPress and a WordPress development role
- Heavy experience using Elementor/Elementor Pro as a builder
- Heavy experience using third party tools to integrate different platforms/plugins
- Heavy experience with DNS configuration, SMTP configuration, website security and hosting platforms (WPEngine, Cloudways, AWS)
- Some experience building custom WordPress plugins
- Some experience building custom widgets for Elementor Pro
- A basic knowledge of user experience, website performance and website design
- A basic knowledge of website tracking/analytics/measurement
- A basic knowledge of web design tools such as Adobe XD and Figma
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects on a range of timelines
- Ability to strategically manage workload, respond to emergency requests, and work within a project management system to stay on timelines
- Proven track record of meeting deliverables successfully in a remote working environment
We offer (in addition to working with an awesome team of smart and fun people):
- Over four full weeks off a year via PTO and company holidays
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- All the gear you need to succeed
- Upward mobility and professional growth
- Flexible scheduling to tap into maximum creativity
- Ability to work remotely
- Commitment to quality of life, innovation, client service, excellence and fun
To apply, please complete the following application