Job Cost Accountant
Responsible for analyzing thebusiness for financial planning and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial and business performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares, and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements, operating forecasts, etc. supporting finance & operational leads.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Analysis Support Completion of various requests for analysis that may arise (Research variances in labor expenses and hours flowing through from TMW to project system, billing and unusual high expense issues etc.)
- Project Plan Support - Provide support to Project Managers around budget/forecast process and any queries around specific site issues
- Revenue & Cost Analysis/Accrual - Monitor billing & expenses to ensure the correct revenue & expense is recognized and post accruals for current period for change order work.
- Results Analysis - Review revenue/cost plans for all projects. Run results analysis and post WIP entries to the P&L.
- Monthly project reporting - Provide information to management by summarizing data, preparing reports, make presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Project Support - Support operations with SAP, AP, AR & Payroll issues.
- Carry out all work activities upholding the Company's core values of Excellence, Collaboration, Integrity, Respect, and Innovation.
- Positively contribute to a diverse, inclusive, and fair work environment, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently
- An ability to work flexibly and willingness to work extensively to meet business needs.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to take ownership on assignments.
- High Business Acumen, particularly in regards to finance & accounting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Accounting
- 1 to 3 years accounting/ finance experience
- SAP experience is preferable
Work Conditions / Physical Demands
- The person in this will operate in a stationary position for significant portions of the day.
- The person in this position will occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Must practice safe work methods to remain accident and injury-free.
- Must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.