Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is actively seeking an Automation Engineer (Applications) to join our MPE-S contract team in Tampa, FL. You must hold an active DOD Secret Clearance to qualify for this role. US Citizenship is required.
- Understand, decompose and implement test plan, automation, and validation procedures based on stated product features and skillsets
- Provide architecture and design level input to the agile team that integrates, orchestrate and facilitate ideas and maintain momentum across a diverse technical skillset
- Help engineer solutions that are technically sound and within the constructs of the DOD environment
- Be part of an engineering team building DOD systems using advanced NSX/ESXi networking functionalities such as virtual or distributed switches, network emulation devices, network overlay technologies, and NIC offload capabilities
- Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures
- Experience with using infrastructure as code methodologies to implement application and operating system configuration management
- Deep experience designing and executing automated, end-to-end integration tests in API-driven applications
- Analyze, discuss and clarify test requirements with government, product, and development team members
- Stand-up and configuration of test environments/sandboxes
- Manage test environments and setup/maintain test datasets
- Configure and maintain test management suites using TestRail or similar
- Take part in product enhancement, feature design and requirements discussions (i.e., represent the voice of the customer)
- Work with, Lead Architect, internal and external teams to scope features and prioritize roadmap
- Work with the multiple technology teams to provide expertise in automation using configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Knowledge of VMWare technologies such as vRO, vRA, vSphere, and ESX.
- Knowledge of source code management practices and general development methodologies.
- Experience using Git and understanding branching and merging concepts.
- Bitbucket experience a plus.
- Automate deployments, maintenance, and common tasks where applicable.
- Knowledge of coding the Ansible or vRO API to interface with external tools and services.
- Implement and maintain Ansible infrastructure. Perform upgrades and enhancements as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering) and 15 years overall experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Twelve (12) years of direct experience in the last fifteen years designing, supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering Windows Enterprise Services (Servers, email - Exchange), instant messaging (Lync, Tactical Chat Server, OpenFire), Web Services (SharePoint)and other communication tools.
- Must hold an active US Government issued Secret clearance.
- Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting vCenter and Virtual Machines;
- Solid experience with anti-spam, encryption and email tracking, TLS configurations, transport rules, and e-discovery.
- Strong Experience managing a Windows environment, including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy.
- Strong experience with Public and Private Key services (Design and Implementation)
- Experience developing Powershell scripts for administration/automation.
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages such as PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft application deployment automation (i.e. Active Directory, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Certs desired include: MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, VCAP6-DCA, VCP-DCV
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.