The Production Manager is responsible for all areas of planning, organization, and control of production to ensure that customer orders are produced efficiently, meeting quality requirements, delivered on time and within budget. The position reports to Fluence’s VP of Operations.
- Ensure alignment on Goals and Objectives across the production team, utilizingthe appropriate management review processes to monitor performance, and identify/driveopportunities for Continuous Improvement
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency withoutcompromising product quality
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels alignedto the production plan provided by Supply Chain / Planning function.
- Collaborate with Mfg Engineering and Quality Functions to;
- Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meetquality objectives
- Analyze production and quality control data to detect and correctproblems
- Manage production budgets and implement cost control programs; coordinatewith Mfg Engineering on cost reduction projects
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevantdepartments including Supply Chain, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, andEngineering
- Motivating,leading, and managing the Production team.
- Managingday to day performance and providing timely feedback and direction.
- Ensureall employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Recruitingand hiring top talent
- Coordinatingcross functionally to ensure production needs are met
- 7-10years Leadership experience in a medium to large scale operation where theyhave led and successfully implemented a major change effort, including theability to engage and influence cross-functionally.
- 10plus years supervising and managing people to include building and developingthe team, managing performance, and driving process based, data driven, continuousimprovement.
- Experiencein creating and implementing a training and certification program/system.
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills are a must, including the ability to handlechallenging people and situations.
- Experiencedprofession operating within a LEAN environment and can drive LEAN basedimprovement activities.
- Bachelor’sDegree in a Business or Technical field of study
- 6sigma Green or Black belt Certified
- Experiencewith the development of ERP system, including use of data (ideally ERP based)to manage, monitor and drive improvement on the operations team performance.
- Willingnessto be flexible around work hours to include extra hours to ensure required workis completed.
- Abilityto give and receive constructive feedback; can handle conflict; knows how tonegotiate and influence.
- Hasexperience integrating NPD/NPI activities into the day to day operations.
- Master’sDegree in Business field of study (e.g. MBA)
Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
OSRAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an
individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete
any part of the application process, you may contact us at HRServices@osram.com