- Audit timecards
- Sign-off of on bi-weekly payroll
- Answer all questions regarding checks, work schedules, user errors
- Move employees from platform or crew colors as needed
- Set up crew swap schedules built for all platforms
- Complete offshore Kronos training for employees and Team Leaders
- Set up TL’s with approval rights within Kronos
- Terminate employees in Kronos
- Process FML and record sick time while on leave (Offshore only)
- Process job changes including tech progressions
- Enter new hires & transfers into Kronos and ensure correct schedule
- Process payroll regional allowances for offshore & onshore in-scope employees
- Prepare for vacation encashments and carryover
- Validate vacation banks, encashment hours and carry over hours
- Training TL’s auditing requirements for correct paycheck calculation
- Interface for employees on number of bank hours during LOA
- Service as Accounting for Personnel monthly reporting input; serve as process back-up
- Process off-shore drug and alcohol and drug testing program monthly
- Coordinates quarterly Houston based random drug testing including notification process and managing non-negative results
- Conducts hourly new hire training
- Provides administrative support
- High school diploma but Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 – 5 years of Payroll experience
- Develops working relationships with internal stakeholders to support successful delivery of HR Services and leverage partnership opportunities, collaborating with other teams to assist in operational delivery of assigned portfolios and support adherence to standards and policies.
- Prepares and monitors payroll data ensuring processes and data are in place for payroll processing per local country requirements and regulations.
- Ensures integrity of Workday organization structure data. Maintain org units, jobs, position master data in Workday.
- Processes large scale and /or complex re-organizations ensuring Organization Management processes and procedures are being followed.
- Thoroughly investigate complex and often sensitive queries to develop the required level of understanding to quickly achieve problem resolution, managing customer expectations, and at times applying judgement based on a higher level of understanding of component systems, processes and policies, being cognizant of setting precedent.
- Accountable for the analysis and fulfilment of Ad hoc Workday, Cornerstone, TAS and SAP reporting requests from the customer (providing existing and creating new reports in Workday).
- Utilizes knowledge of HR Services in order to support efforts to centralize, standardize and simplify HR administration, recommending potential continuous improvement opportunities
- Perform standard HR tasks on behalf of the HR team, manage internal and external requests for information including assisting with employee questions / concerns, ensure accurate employee data integrity and records management in compliance with country/ state/local laws as well as BP policy and liaise with the HR Service Centre to resolve issues.
- Provide support to the HR Manager for the annual HR calendar & standard activities with a heavy emphasis on analyzing data and providing insights and recommendations, including:
- Support annual talent and performance calibration & reward process including running employee reports and providing data analysis / slide decks for HR Manager in preparation of meetings.
- Coordinate with Resourcing to fill open positions including scheduling interview.
- Organization change: Support the Controlled Organization; Liaise with the Organization Management Centre of Expertise to manage OM changes and reporting structure maintenance in SAP.
- Payroll - Perform Payroll activities for the organization as needed including Time entry adjustments, payroll bi-weekly closeouts, payroll reporting and answer payroll questions from employees.
Job Family Group
Yes - up to 10%
United States of America
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement