Manufacturing Test Engineer
Fluence Bioengineering is looking for a strong performer that can help take our manufacturing test processes to the next level with automation and innovative controls in mind. This person will be part of a dynamic team that develop semi-automated to fully automated processes, assembly and test equipment in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Design,Build, and Validate Manufacturing Cells and Production Test Systems workingwith 3rd party integrators to meet Production requirements (Lean,TAKT, etc.) as well as Product Test requirements specified by Engineering.
- Defineand Meet Safety requirements for manufacturing cells
- Debugand commission manufacturing test cells comprised of Real-Time based control systems(RTOS), Electrical and Optical sensors, Pneumatic actuation, and MechanicalAssembly
- SupportProduction Up-Time/Respond to Downtime
- InstrumentCalibration and Maintenance
- Assist in designing, building and sustainingof manufacturing cells and workbenches with automation in mind
- Lead in designing, building and sustainingelectrical elements and controls of manufacturing equipment
- Initiate opportunities for automation ofmanufacturing equipment to reduce waste and increase efficiencies
- Conduct equipment design reviews and provide design guidance toteam and suppliers.
- Provide on-site support during machine build, debug andtesting/qualification.
- Supervise installation and testing to verify requirements andspecifications are met.
- Develop qualification protocols and support production andtest equipment qualification activities.
- Bachelor’sdegree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 6 years relatedexperience in a technology based industry, where a mix of automated and manualassembly techniques is utilized.
- Experiencein building and implementing Real-time systems.Familiarity with National Instruments hardware and software preferred.
- Knowledge of automationsystems and tools - robotic, vision, material handling, ASRS, Conveyors, PLC,screws/fasteners, HMI, Pick-Place-Pack, Inspection/Test (Structural andNon-Contact e.g. Laser), Application of lasers e.g. Etching/Marking, Dispenseprocess, Machining, Mechanicals (Soft Tooling, Hard tooling, Plastics, etc.)
- Knowledge of Layout,Tooling/Fixturing, Demand Flow, Cell Concept and Lean Manufacturing andSimulation tools
- Knowledge and experiencein developing, validating and implementing test equipment in high volume/highmix production environments
- HMI/GUI development is a plus
- Abilityto read and create electrical schematics on equipment designed and constructed
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on approach
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with Continuous Improvement philosophies such as Lean,SixSigma
- Proventrouble shooting skills with electro-mechanical systems.
- Understandingof LEAN manufacturing and assembly processes with a focus on equipment up-timeand throughput.
- Skilledin HW and SW Systems integration and troubleshooting to interface betweenmeasurement instruments and database collection.
- Self-motivated,self-directed, and task-oriented skills
- Capableof working in a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstratedability to work on a variety of technical problems, individually and as amember of a team.
- 3DCAD modeling software (like SolidWorks) and CNC experience desired but notrequired.
OSRAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an
individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete
any part of the application process, you may contact us at HRServices@osram.com