A career at Citizens is unlike a career at any other insurance company, because Citizens is unlike any other insurance company. If you are looking for an opportunity in which you can stretch to your full potential, expand your knowledge and grow your career, you have found it.
At Citizens, employees do more than live up to their potential – they exceed it. So what are you waiting for? Come discover the career you never expected – at Citizens.
The Technical Support Technician III is responsible for responding to customer requests and identifying, isolating and resolving incidents with information system products and services. The Technical Support Technician III relies on experience and judgment to provide optimal solutions in meeting customer needs and performing a variety of complicated tasks. The focus of the work is to identify and resolve technical problems in a timely and accurate manner. This position may lead and mentor others and may, in the Supervisor's absence, assume some of their day to day activities.
- Work with corporate customers in the resolution of technical issues.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments and prioritize workload.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies.
- Recognize, identify, isolate and resolve problems with information system products and services.
- Provide second level support for escalated issues.
- Coordinate IT project initiatives with Technical Support staff.
- Assist with the mentoring and training of Technical Support staff.
- Assist the Supervisor in coordinating daily operational activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of various user application packages.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of specific operating systems, networks and platforms.
- Skilled in oral and written communications.
- Skilled in directing/leading technical support project activities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve advanced/complex problems quickly.
- Strong customer service orientation and focus.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers and technical staff to resolve problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma OR GED
- 3 to 5 years of experience providing technical support relevant to position in an enterprise environment.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or related field OR 2 years of relevant experience OR a combination of education and relevant work experience equivalent to 2 years.
- Microsoft MD 100 - Windows 10 Certification
- Microsoft MD 101 – Managing Modern Desktops Certification
During storm season, must be able to work extended shifts on short notice for extended periods of time outside of scheduled work hours.
In addition to a competitive salary, Citizens offers its employees an outstanding total rewards package, including:
- Retirement savings plan with an 8 percent company match
- Medical, dental and group life insurance
- Paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- On-site wellness activities
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress and more
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer