Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Are you an enthusiastic team player with manufacturing or industrial experience? If so, Georgia-Pacific is looking for someone like you! We are seeking Lumber Multi-Operators for our mill in Talladega, AL. These highly-skilled, advanced operators create value by maintaining high levels of productivity and quality that our Talladega mill is known for. This skilled position will support our operations efficiency through operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining machines that produce lumber and plays a key role in ensuring the successful operation of critical assets at the mill. This position gives an entrepreneurial thinker the opportunity to identify ways to improve production quantity and quality.
Georgia-Pacific in Talladega produces Southern Pine dimension lumber, the workhorse of the building industry. It is an affordable, strong, durable softwood that is excellent for pressure treating, light frame construction, general utility framing, studs, pallets, crafting, and floor and roof trusses. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Learning to run lumber equipment until you can run at assigned production levels
- Operating lumber production equipment on 3 or more machine centers
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators as needed
- Applying problem solving methods to identify root causes and eliminate failures
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Performing minor repairs to ensure machine reliability and escalating machine maintenance needs appropriately
- Performing general housekeeping duties to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards, and maintain the appearance of the plant
What You Will Need:
- Experience in an advanced operator role, above utility/general labor level
- A minimum of one (1) year safely operating machinery or industrial equipment
- A minimum of two (2) or more years of experience independently and safely operating industrial equipment in a manufacturing environment OR military experience
- A minimum of 1 (one) year of experience operating mobile equipment
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment; e.g. safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, and other PPE as required by specific job.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting up to 50 lbs, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours a day
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required
- The ability to successfully use a computer without assistance to complete assigned tasks
- Problem solving skills
What Will Put You Ahead?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience operating and interpreting HMI monitors in a manufacturing environment
- Lumber or wood products manufacturing experience
- Experience performing machine maintenance
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf