Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Responsible for the commercial operations of the Company in the operating area. Includes all aspects of customer satisfaction as it is related to line maintenance and operations, continuity of service, lineman training, contractor management, marketing, community affairs and development.
- Direct the activities of employees and contractors in the Commercial Operations area which are necessary for the safe, reliable, and efficient operations of the system to provide total customer service that exceeds the expectations of the customer.
Develop a team atmosphere within the Commercial Operations area which focuses on timely delivery of service to the customer in a safe and efficient manner.
- Direct the construction of line facilities, service restoration and outage management, and the lineman training program.
- Assist in communication to customers based on Company's goals and objectives. Lead and manage the team to achieve its objectives supporting the Corporate strategy.
- Administer Company policies and procedures and ensure their consistent administration throughout the Commercial Operations area. Be a leader in the administration of the Company's contract with union employees in a positive manner that fosters teamwork and open communication.
- Lead and manage the team to achieve its objectives supporting the corporate strategy.
- Responsible for the development and adherence of capital and O & M budgets including resource management.
- Advocate and administer safety plans and procedures in a constant and enthusiastic manner.
- Follow through on commitments and responsibilities, thereby establishing an atmosphere which compels others to follow.
- Ability to digest and utilize information available for decisions in such a way that the actions taken are logical, rational, appropriate, ethical and are supported by the facts.
- Identify and implement the actions required to achieve the Company's strategy.
- Encourages open and candid sharing of information and ideas.
- Inspire others to extraordinary effort while earning their trust and respect. Assume risk and support those who do, leading by example.
- Ten (10) years utility experience with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Results driven.
- Embraces Change.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer