Requisition Number: YARDW01564
This position is responsible for loading and off-loading trailer, trucks and other vehicles using forklifts and other material handling equipment and preparing freight for OTR/rail/water shipment.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Works with dispatchers, drivers and operations personnel to ensure yard traffic is managed efficiently
- Move freight and other materials using forklifts and hostlers to position for receiving and loading
- Create, check and confirm manifest documents
- Communicate with dispatcher on the disposition of freight and/or issues
- Complete thorough yard cleanup, stacking dunnage in dunnage racks, picking up pallets and garbage, etc.
- Sort and inspect freight for damage and inconsistencies prior to loading and unloading, ensuring freight is labeled and counted
- Tie down and secure loads on flatbeds, flat racks and rail cars in accordance with DOT regulations and Carlile policies and procedures for OTR/rail/water transport
- Couple and un-couple trucks and trailers, creating sets and preparing loads for transit
- As the lead delegate tasks to employees based on staffing levels and skill of employee
- Inspect freight for damages by documenting, photographing and reporting damage
- Snow removal duties and keeping the yard dry and maintained as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Forklift experience preferred
- CDL A license preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Works well with internal departments, drivers, and owner operators
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, completes tasks on time or communicates alternate plans
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values
- Ability to prioritize work throughout the day
- Demonstrated attention to detail an accuracy
- Basic knowledge of mathematical applications
Work is performed in an external environment with exposure to inclement weather and varying temperatures. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, materials, and airborne pathogens. This position is subject to frequent walking, bending, and lifting with mechanized equipment.
Carlile will make a reasonable accommodation(s) wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities provided the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Carlile.