Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Would you like to immerse yourself in the Spanish language? How about working with Latinos? If so, this is the place of employment for you. We specialize in serving the Latino population in the State of Washington. Find out if you have the requirements below and join us!
Full-Time Pharmacy Tech available immediately for our Pharmacy in Tacoma at our Cushman location. This is a Monday-Friday position with no nights or weekends. Applicant must be able to speak Spanish/English at this location. The Pharmacy Tech may occasionally need to cover for other pharmacies in the vicinity. We are looking for customer service oriented candidates who enjoy working with the public.
Responsibilities, skills and/or Education:
- Will be responsible for processing patient information.
- The Pharmacy Tech must have one year experience in a clinical or retail pharmacy setting.
- Place, receive and store orders, assist with inventory and other technician duties as assigned.
- Operates cash register and related front counter tasks.
- Maintain communication on behalf of Sea Mar with the patients, insurance companies and providers.
- Ideal candidate must possess problem-solving skills and must be able to communicate efficiently with our patients and be sensitive to their needs.
- Must demonstrate and maintain a high level of work ethic and professionalism
- As well as be able to multi-task and properly use Windows Office, PM E.H.R. and other medical software.
- Excellent verbal, customer service, and written skills are necessary for this position.
- Good organizational skills are a must.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required for this position.
What We Offer:
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working a Sea Mar is not a job, it's a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, full-time employees working 30 hours or more receive an excellent benefit package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Prescription coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), all at no cost to the employee. We also offer generous paid-time off starting at 24-27 days per year PLUS 10 paid Holidays, 401(k)/Retirement options and an opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment. This is an exciting and highly rewarding position in a fast-paced medical/retail setting.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Gea Caballero, Pharmacy Director, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 01/23/2020
External candidates may apply after 01/28/2020
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).