Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach (SCC) - Army Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Program
Lead SCCs tasks/goals at designated Army installation are to reduce medical attrition and increase Military readiness. GAP SCCs will improve BDE readiness through Army specificfunctional fitness training programs, in accordance with (IAW) Field Manual(FM) 7-22 and designed to meet each BDEs Program of Instruction (POI) requirements.Services will target musculoskeletal (MSK) injury prevention and reconditioning education services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- GAP Lead SCCs will work as part of the H2F Performance Team to develop a comprehensive, periodized education and services program integrated and synchronized with the BDE and Battalion (BN) training calendars. Success is determined by the ability of the BDE to perform its combat mission.
- Lead SCCs will perform services IAW the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or the Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) Scope of Practice.
- GAP Lead SCCs candidates will be embedded at the BDE level. Most work will be performed in a Military training environment (i.e. fitness centers/gyms, BDE or administrative areas, outdoors, ranges, field training environments, and at the SPRC).
- Lead SCCs will be required to observe BDE and below (i.e. BN, company, platoon, squad, team) specific training events (e.g., obstacle courses, combatives, training areas).
- Support quality assurance efforts, ensuring all work performance aligns with H2F objectives.
- Lead SCCs may be embedded within H2F Performance Teams across BDEs at various Government installations.
- Direct supervisor is the GAP Installation Lead.
- Masters degree with graduation from a college or university in an accredited exercise science, health science, or physical education-related discipline.
- Candidate must be able to pass and maintain Tier 1 clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must possess a passing score from the Board of Certification (BOC) by the NSCA as a CSCS or by the CSCCA as a SCCC.
- Have two years of relevant SCC work experience within the last five years. Relevant experience is defined as developing and executing task and environment specific functional injury control and health/well-being programs for groups of athletes or DoD/Department of Homeland Security/Department of Justice entities focused on a common sport or mission performance goal. Please note - Employment related to internships or graduate work is not considered as relevant experience.
- Have a current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross with Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certification. Certification cards must display the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross emblem. Please note - Web-based classes do not meet required standards.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English effectively with Soldiers and H2F staff
- Be physically able to lift and manipulate loads and weight plates up to 45 pounds.
- Candidates must demonstrate sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity such that they can relate to a variety of Soldiers from diverse backgrounds
- Have the ability to operate a computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel.
- Must be able to navigate and operate with unit SharePoint sites.
- Experience providing forward musculoskeletal (MSK) care, early medical intervention, injury prevention (IP) and performance optimization services.
- Candidates must be physically able to hike in an austere environment and terrain (e.g., rocky, no running water, no shelter, no bathroom, no climate control, inclement weather, loud, smoky, etc.) while carrying their own backpack with necessary supplies on occasion (<20% of the time).
- Providing forward MSK care in the training environment, outside of the clinical setting, minimizing lost training time and ensuring early identification of injuries.
- Candidate must follow all Government designated work attire standards, social media standards and professional work requirements as stated with the TO
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAP Solutions provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job, email us at email@example.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.