Labor Pool - Tacoma, WA
801 E Portland Ave
Tacoma, Washington, 98421
WHY HAVE A JOB -- WHEN YOU CAN BUILD A CAREER THAT MAKES GOING TO WORK WORTH IT?!
Our top operators make $40 / hr. YOU CAN TOO!!!!
- $21.36 / Hour starting Pay … Entry level regular, full-time position in production labor pools. Tentatively start in January 2020. Tour, test and interview on the same day for Qualified candidates, who will be notified of the date and time commitment which could last as long as 6 hours if moving through the interview process.
- Department Labor Pool workers provide vacation and training relief until their seniority permits them to successfully bid into other positions. Work in several areas of the mill within a department labor pool (Paper mill, Pulp mill and Power & Recovery) and learn a variety of jobs in a large industrial worksite. The work is fast-paced, physically demanding and requires multi-tasking. WORKING SAFELY IS A PRIORITY!!!
- Must be able to work: week days, week nights, week-ends and holidays on 12-hour rotating shifts (2 12-hour shifts on Days then 2 12-hour shifts on Nights & then 4 days off). Shifts are currently 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM & 7:30 PM to 7:30 AM. Hearing protection and personal protective equipment, provided by the company, is required as some jobs include exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes.
Successful applicants will typically have:
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent - required post high school technical coursework
- Successfully pass the following tests: Manufacturing Skills Assessment Test - 1.5 hours: Codes & Tables, Basic Math, Measuring, Mechanical Reasoning & Reading
- Structured panel interview
- Drug screen
- Physical capabilities
- Reference and background (felony, misdemeanor and traffic) check
- Be clean shaven and able to use a half mask in the event of emergency (Required for only some positions)
The following experience and skills are desired:
- High school or college level math and chemistry
- Minimum of 3 years industrial/manufacturing experience
- Previous process manufacturing or lab experience
- Previous heavy equipment operation experience
- Previous shift work, including weekend and night shift
Pay rates as per the collective bargaining agreement are $21.36 per hour. 90 working day probationary period.
Within 30 days, new hires must join the USW Local #237 or USW Local #586 and pay Union dues. In addition, an excellent benefit package is available to the employee and his/her family.
Work Culture based on Integrity, Respect, Accountability and Excellence. If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disable/Veterans.