The Operations Supervisor will plan, direct and assign work activities in a manufacturing or distribution department. This position will also support and implement policies and procedures and recommend improvements in operation methods, equipment, people, materials and working conditions.
- Listen, respond to and address employee concerns.
- Coordinate with other supervision to ensure all operation activities are coordinated as an integrated whole.
- Manage and improve functional areas and institute performance measures through use and interpretations of Continuous Improvement tools. Improve working conditions and processes (safety, quality, productivity and cost) including supporting and directing employee to participate in improvement programs.
- Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to optimize production. Analyze and resolve employees' problems in a timely manner.
- Communicate product or material issues with appropriate individuals.
- Maintain departmental equipment to ensure proper and safe operations. Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring employees wear PPE (personal protective equipment) and follow safety compliance.
- Assist functional area Superintendent or Manager to improve systems of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and performance management.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area's goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.