Sea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional, social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the following position(s):
Dental Assistant I, II, or III: Full-time position available at our Tacoma Cedar Dental Clinic. Ideal candidates will have proven excellent customer services skills, demonstrate an enthusiastic & professional demeanor, and excel at multi-tasking. Dental Assistants are an integral part of the care team; ensuring patient flow and providing quality patient care in a safe and timely manner.
- Assist the dental provider in the delivery of dental procedures in accordance with the WA State Dental Practice Act including but not limited to Restorative, Prosthodontics, Endodontics, Orthodontics, Oral Surgery procedures
- Identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping of needs, such as those for infant, adolescents, and geriatric patients
- Keep inventory of dental supplies
- Assist in training new Dental Assistants
The duties and responsibilities for this position may change with changes occurring in the clinic activities or requirements. The supervisor may assign temporary work in other departments or other dental sites.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Must be a registered Dental Assistant with the State of Washington
- Must have basic life support (BLS) certification
- Must have organization skills, and familiarity with the utilization of computers.
- Excellent customer service skills is a must.
- Must have dental record experience
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Candidates with no formal training must have a minimum of 1 year work experience in a Dental Assistant
As a Dental Assistant II, a minimum of 6 months work experience is required. Candidates with no formal training must have a minimum of 18 months of work experience in a Dental Assistant position.
As a Dental Assistant III, a minimum of 2 years work experience is required. Candidates with no formal training must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a Dental Assistant position.
Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization. Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a job. It’s a fulfilling career with many benefits. Employees working 30 or more hours receive an excellent package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription coverage, paid-time-off starting between 15-27 days per year plus 10 paid Holidays. We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity to work in a culturally diverse environment.
To apply for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position, email Natasha Harden, Dental Supervisor at NatashaHarden@seamarchc.org.
Sea Mar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is represented by Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
External Candidates considered after 2/1/2019