Water is essential for life. Knowledge is essential for developing water systems.
CHA's knowledge of water and wastewater systems is beyond extensive. Our resume covers hundreds of projects, miles of pipelines, acres of treatment works, and an army of satisfied clients. Within our 1,000-person ranks are true experts – professionals able to assess, plan, design, and construct the required infrastructure.
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking a Water/Wastewater Engineer III to join our Water/Wastewater group in the Syracuse, NY office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently completes routine development of engineering design, preparation of specifications, compiles technical reports and other activities requiring knowledge of standard principles and techniques.
- Performs work on projects involving more complex procedures and techniques
- Responsible for development of computation methods, technical reports and technical specifications at the direction of senior engineering staff, the section manager or the technical director using the standards established by the technical
- Assists senior engineering staff in the preparation of contract documents.
- Recognizes technical discrepancies in analytical results, makes appropriate corrections and follows standard procedures established by the technical group.
- Develops a familiarity with company standards, client expectations and typical engineering practices.
- Monitors progress and performance against the project plan.
- Acts immediately to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Identifies, develops, and gathers technical resources necessary to complete assignments.
- May be responsible for large portions of projects with supervision from senior engineering staff, the section manager or the technical director.
- Accompanies senior engineering staff on field assignments when appropriate.
- Performs other appropriate related engineering duties.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is required
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 3 years of related engineering experience is required
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the respective engineering field
- Has a strong theoretical knowledge in the respective engineering field
- Proven ability to practically apply knowledge about the respective engineering discipline
- Understands QA/QC procedures
- Proficient in engineering, computational, and modeling software (Revit, AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment with the willingness to assist senior level engineering and project management staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Participation in a professional engineering society/organization is preferred
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for our employees' professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.