Certified PE and Health Teacher - SAS Middle School
Syracuse Academy of Science Middle School is excited to announce the opening of a Physical Education and Health Teacher for the 2023-2024 academic year.
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Teacher. We have a great environment for new teachers and encourage experienced teachers to apply!
New York State Certification is required.
We need Teachers who will:
· Provide engaging lesson plans that conform to the charter's curriculum
· Collaborate with staff to determine the charter requirements for the instructional goals, objectives, and methods
· Be ready to prepare students for the standardized tests relevant to the content area
· Have excellent content knowledge and pedagogy
· Welcome the use of analytics and data to help drive instruction and promote learning
· Appreciate regular feedback, accountability, and the rewards that come with doing a great job serving our students & communities
· Have great classroom management
What we can provide
· Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, employee assistance program and more!
· Enrollment in the NYS Teacher Retirement System (TRS) or 403b employer match
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Competitive salary (based on the pay scale, experience, and education)
· Professional development opportunities. Coaches and mentors in every building!
· Regular use and integration of technology in our classrooms and throughout our school, including SMART boards, IPADs, Chromebooks, internet and apps
What you need
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred
· Certification Required
· Experience with a diverse population of students or in an urban setting is a plus
· Prior teaching experience is preferred, and novice teachers are encouraged to apply!
· Fingerprint clearance through NYS Department of Education
· Growth mindset, flexible and ok with change
· Intrinsically motivated
· Strong conviction that all students can succeed
· The ability to take feedback well and immediately implement
· Comfortable with the use of data and analytics to help drive instruction and promote learning
Want to learn more about our district? Be sure to check out the following links to get a closer look at our schools, hear from our parents and see what our state and community leaders are saying about SANY.
District Website: www.sany.org
Syracuse region YouTube:
Utica region YouTube:
Syracuse region Facebook:
Utica region Facebook:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Science Academies of New York is committed to maintaining a working and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or those who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.