The DIC Scheduling Associate performs a variety of scheduling duties in support of outpatient access to diagnostic imaging center services.
1. Communicates with patients and gathers pre-appointment information.
· Screens patients to ensure physical and safety requirements for specific procedure/testing are met.
· Obtains various pre-appointment patient test results, as required.
2. Schedules appointments/procedures and enters information into department computer system.
· Reviews availability and geographic proximity of various DIC sites to provide optimal appointment scheduling.
· Utilizes knowledge of various equipment capabilities and restrictions to ensure appropriate scheduling of procedures / tests.
· Prioritizes schedule with consideration of needs / preferences of multiple physicians and departments.
· Communicates appointment time, place and provides detailed preparation instructions to patient.
3. Responds to and resolves patient questions and issues, as needed. Informs management of complex scheduling issues, as needed.
4. Collects and distributes needed information, records and reports, as required.
5. Performs related duties as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Previous customer service experience, required.
· Working knowledge of computer applications, required.
· Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
· Medical terminology knowledge, preferred.
· Ability to communicate effectively.