You may not realize it, but you've likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a “small company feel“ and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job, and universally, the answer is “the people I work with!“ We value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If you're ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
We are currently seeking a talented individual to be our Technical Manager at our facility in Sweeny, TX. In this role, you'll report directly to the Plant Manager and be a key member of the Sweeny/Old Ocean Leadership Team. The position has direct oversight of the Project Engineering, Process Engineering, Business Logistics, Process Control, Reliability, Inspection, Polyethylene Laboratory and Process Safety Management groups at the Sweeny/Old Ocean Facilities. The position also oversees the business relationship with the co-located refinery and services as the liaison for large internal and P66 projects.
Key job responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee Process Safety Management and Operational Excellence activities of the facility, including providing engineering resources for PHA's and Building Siting initiatives.
- Manage the Capital Project and Design Engineering activities for the facility, including directing Capital Budget preparation and oversight of third party design, engineering and construction contractors.
- Provide reliability engineering support for the plant, including fixed and rotating equipment design and troubleshooting, instrument troubleshooting and safety instrumented system development and maintenance and electrical equipment PM oversight and upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with equipment inspection codes and standards and provide resources for pre-turnaround and turnaround inspections in support of the TAPS process.
- Oversee process control and advanced process control activities, including DCS, real time optimizers, process models, SIS, FSC, environmental monitoring systems and alarm management support.
- Provide process engineering and optimization support for the facility including energy and process improvement studies, relief system and relief device management, process monitoring and turnaround support.
- Champion continuous improvement and gap closure activities for the site, including energy and Solomon gap improvement activities.
- Oversee business planning, optimization (Kracker) and business logistics activities for the facility.
- Ensure safe operation of the Polyethylene Laboratory and that quality data is provided to the operating units
- Along with the Local TSC, determines placement of engineers that have completed the Graduate Rotation and Development process for the plant.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies and goals for the Technical Department programs.
- Act as the Management Sponsor to the Risk Management Steering Committee, providing oversight for PHA action items, MOC processes, Building Siting, Alarm Management, Mechanical Integrity, PSM Incident Investigations and Corporate PSM metrics.
- Support and participate in Corporate Best Practice Teams' efforts.
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 10 or more years of experience in engineering and/or operations in a manufacturing facility
- 7 or more years of supervisory experience required
- Previous project management experience preferred
- Knowledgeable of petrochemical or refining operational procedures
- Successful candidate will also have the ability to develop a cooperative work environment
- Must use sound, prudent and independent judgment
- Effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the company
- The position requires a self-starter with proven successful leadership, planning and organizational skills
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or marital status.
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP (“Company“) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
Travel Requirements: Up to 5%
Eligibility for Relocation: Yes
Closing Date: 11/21/2019
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Chemical Research, Electrical, Technology, Engineering