When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future!
Entry level position in a Parts Distribution Center
for Heavy Duty Truck Parts.
- Receive, verify and store incoming material;pick required quantity of material for processing.
- Pick and prepare material for shipment.
- Package material to ensure protection of partsin transit.
- Stage material in proper location for shipmentand/or loads on trailer.
- Audit storage locations for proper quantity andresolve inventory discrepancies.
- Operation of Voice Directed Picking Equipment.
- Operatepower vehicles such as a forklift, reach truck and order picker to a height of 24 feet.
- Lift and move parts up to 75 pounds in weightunassisted, pull/push and slide parts up to 100 pounds unassisted, whilemaintaining quality and production standards in Receiving and Shipping ofparts.
- Stoop, bend, twist and reach into 48” deep locationsto pull or stock truck parts.
- Stand and/or walk 100% of the work schedule, withexception of break and lunch periods.
- Safely operate and / or work in the vicinity of manytypes of equipment, such as forklifts, reach trucks, pick trucks, propanepowered lifts, battery changing equipment, electric carousels, conveyor lines,heavy duty pneumatic staple guns, compactors, dock levelers, etc.. without riskto self or other employees.
- Maintain housekeeping requirements.
- Communicate effectively with others within andoutside the work group.
- Work flexible hours.
- Participationin Continuous Improvement program (TOS) and responsible for coming up withideas / suggestions for improvement.
- Otherduties as assigned by supervisor.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Attached resume required
- Basic mathematicsskills (required)
- Ability to lift up to75 pounds frequently (required)
- Unassisted, pull/push and slide over of parts upto 100 pounds occasionally (required)
- Stoop, bend, and twist frequently to completethe task at hand (required)
- Reach frequently into 48 inch deep locations topull or stock truck parts (required)
- Stand and/or Walk continuously, with theexception of break and lunch period (required)
- Operate Stand-up Reach Lifts and Man-Up OrderPicker to a height of 24 feet (required)
- Use equipment to lift pallet unit to a height of24 feet (required)
- Safety Equipment andQuality Commitment (required)
- Housekeeping, sweeping and emptying trash asnecessary (required)
- Successful completionof criminal background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen(required)
- Three years ofReceiving, Shipping and Packing (preferred)
Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Thank you for your interest in Daimler Trucks North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.