The In-Store Branch Manager has responsibility for management of the entire branch. Management responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing two or more FTEs
- Conducting performance reviews
- Interviewing and selection of candidates to fill branch positions
- Performance counseling, including making and recommending disciplinary action decisions
- Prospecting activities with potential clients – and coaching teammates to effectively perform prospecting activities
- Cash handling transactions
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies
Ultimately responsible for driving branch performance results through:
- Strong individual and team sales/referral performance in deposits, loans, investment and other product lines.
- Direction, leadership, and coaching of superior sales and service behaviors and activities by the entire team
- Developing and execution of plans in order to meet/exceed of branch sales goals while maintaining an operationally efficient and compliant branch.
- Accountability for maximizing sales and customer satisfaction, and minimizing operating losses, by executing the plays and strategies outlined for the branch.
- Reviewing performance results via Edge$ell, QlikView and other sources to assess performance and make necessary adjustments in team capabilities, teammate coaching, etc.
- Sccessfully executing the Client Execution Model (CEM) plays, coaches teammates, and utilizes branch performance metrics in order to manage and measure branch success.
- Conducting new client prospecting efforts to bring in new client relationships, while also maintaining and expanding existing personal and business banking relationships.
- Ensuring branch compliance with bank procedures, internal controls, and risk management policies.
- Ensuring that all business transactions and practices in the individual’s span of control comply with all regulations and the SunTrust Code of Conduct.
- Ensuring that all required training is successfully completed by the entire team.
May also be required to complete other tasks or responsibilities that are not part of routine core operations, such as representing the bank in local community organizations, and/or acting as champion for specialized business or campaign initiatives, etc.
To apply online please click the link below:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Three or more years retail sales experience serving consumer and/or small business clients with 18 months leadership and coaching experience or three years financial sales and service experience with at least 18 months previous experience in a leadership and coaching role.
- Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- Two years of college with focus on business, finance or accounting.
- Four years financial sales and service experience in a retail bank branch environment with one year direct supervisory experience including the mentoring and coaching of staff.
- Previous experience as an In-store Assistant Branch Manager and Personal Banker or In-store Financial Services Representative at SunTrust Bank or comparable roles at another financial institution.
- Completion of Core STU Curriculum Training as well as corresponding Branch Manager coursework.
- Strong probing and listening skills to uncover client needs.
- Understanding of consumer and business lending instruments as well as deposit products. Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals. Knowledge of retail bank branch operations, policies and procedures.