The Data Center Construction Superintendent will work with the QTS development team, helping to drive high levels of job site management and assist with supervision of data center construction projects in the field from pre-construction and post-construction activities, to include permits and project closeouts. This role requires knowledge of Data Centers or equivalent mission critical builds, general construction practices and procedures, and the ability to coordinate with multiple parties including general contractors, architects and engineers, commissioning agents, and other third-party vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned.
- Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates and the overall schedule completion date is met.
- Review MOP requirements and manage the process for QTS development during construction and CX.
- Develop meeting materials to include presentations and agendas, as well as capturing notes to support follow-up and implementation.
- Create, optimize, and drive structured schedules and project plan across projects and cross-functional teams
- Set and meet deadlines with quality deliverables, effectively adapting and modifying plans based on changing data or conditions.
- Assist with coordination of Owner Furnished Contractor Installed (OFCI) scopes of work, primarily to include equipment supplied by QTS.
- Promote a safe environment.
- Manage the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion
- High School Diploma
- Seven or more years of experience working in the data center industry (or equivalent industry) focusing on construction and property development including remodeling
- Five or more years' experience with construction or development project coordination
- Superior people skills – must be able to work effectively with multiple business groups including sales, engineering, legal and finance, and with all levels of the organization from senior executives to support staff.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong understanding of MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing) trades is desired.
- Ten or more years of experience working in data center or commercial construction.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and project plans
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Proficient using communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook)
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or discrimination claim.