TITLE: Teacher 7th Language Arts
REPORTS TO: Principal
GRADE: Certified Salary Schedule
WORK CALENDAR: 197
SUMMARY: To create a flexible program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for education, in accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches district approved curriculum.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conference, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates students' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies student needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinate the work of teacher aides, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student work.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate and meets highly qualified requirements
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card (FPCC).
- Read and interpret general documents such as employee handbooks and safety/training manuals
- Write general correspondence and speak effectively with others
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Interpret assortment of instructions furnished in variable forms
- Apply reason to research and solve moderately complex issues with little or no assistance
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee occasionally will stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Employee will frequently interact with the public and other staff members. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Dysart Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Dysart Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.
Shift TypeFull-Time BenefitedSalary Range$39,876.00 / ExemptLocationCountryside Elementary
Start Date11/08/2019End Date11/18/2019