SUMMARY: Assists students and teachers with technology resources to enrich and personalize learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in student support utilizing a variety of technical devices belonging to the district and/or students used for educational purposes.
- Assist with online applications available for learning extensions and problem based learning.
- Assist with collection and dissemination of data and records for students identified as eligible for gifted services.
- Assist in planning and carrying out the activities/work assignments for individual students in small groups.
- Follow a lesson plan, chart and guide evolved by the teacher.
- Assist the teacher with preparation of instructional materials.
- Consult frequently with the teacher about the needs, suggestions, questions, problems and progress of students.
- Maintain all aspect and provision of confidentiality related to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Assist the teacher in the implementation and maintaining student discipline.
- Maintain adequate and legible records concerning students whom they support.
- Assist in evaluating the progress of students.
- Respond to new ideas, methods and/or suggestions to ensure students success.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- One (1) year of related experience.
- Working knowledge of various computer operating systems, hardware, software, and related applications.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC)
- Demonstrated competency in computer literacy and Excel.
- Standard practices, methods and materials of assigned work.
- Basic mathematical, reading and writing concepts.
- Filing and record-keeping principles.
- Uses and properties of supplies and equipment.
- Customer service principles.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology.
- Following directions and meeting standards.
- Providing attention to detail in assignments.
- Performing basic math calculations.
- Comprehending reference books and manuals.
- Operating assigned tools and equipment.
- Organizing and maintaining supplies.
- Providing customer service.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Working Conditions: Work is routinely performed in an indoor classroom environment.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Dysart Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Dysart Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.
Shift TypeFull-Time BenefitedSalary Range$12.00 / Non-ExemptLocationCimarron Springs Elementary
Start Date07/30/2020End Date08/09/2020