This position will provide plant level health, safety and environmental support to the Superior Facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The plant manager is ultimately responsible for safety and environmental compliance at the plant. The successful candidate for the HSE position will assist the plant manager in achieving corporate objectives by doing the following:
- Superior Safety Training: Manage and facilitate the Superior MSHA Part 46 Training Plan, including planning plant training sessions, Part 46 plan updates, new miner, and site specific trainings for the Superior facility. Review existing task training and identify additional critical tasks requiring task training through JSA development.
- Graymont Safety Standards Implementation: Coordinate with Corporate HSE staff to fully implement the Graymont Safety Standards at Superior.
- MSHA Compliance: Interface with MSHA inspectors and miner representatives during plant MSHA inspections. Provide relevant citation data and photographs to corporate safety personnel. Team with corporate safety personnel to determine citations eligible for challenge.
- Near-Miss / Accident Investigations: Lead accident investigations at Superior by utilizing Safety Committee members in the accident investigation process. Assess accidents and near misses and perform Root Cause Analyses. Utilize investigation results to ensure a reduction in future accidents.
- Plant Safety Culture Leadership: Lead plant Safety Committee and promote employee engagement to develop an active and robust safety culture. Schedule and plan monthly Safety Committee meetings. Ensure documentation of Safety Committee meetings by publishing meeting minutes. Follow up on attendee action items to ensure that the Superior Safety Committee is an effective body. Coordinate the actions of the Small Safety Teams.
- Health Monitoring: Review all health studies with Regional Safety Professionals to ensure that data measurements were valid and then ensure that all appropriate corrective actions are captured within the Graymont Auditing System
- Quarterly, Semi-Annual and Annual Reporting: Complete quarterly, semi-annual and annual Title V reports. Complete requests for information supporting GHG, TRI and Air Emission Inventory reporting. Coordinate reporting activities with Corporate HSE to ensure all reports are completed accurately and on time to state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Compliance and Source Testing: Coordinate plant functions with Corporate HSE to plan and implement on-site source testing at Superior. Ensure compliance with all internal and external environmental and regulatory requirements.
- CEMS/COMS Quality Assurance: Follow the requirements 40 CFR 60 Appendix B to ensure that the Superior COMS remain functional and certified.
- Continuous Environmental Improvement: Develop and execute action plan to improve environmental performance against state, federal and Graymont Uniform Environmental Standards. Maintain/update plans required in Title V.
- Work in team environment, coordinate and manage multiple projects and assignments, analyze process data, troubleshoot plant operations, and assist in the implementation of solutions.
- Perform "on-call" duties on rotation with the supervisory team.
- Be part of an effective team within the plant that works well with other functions; sales, marketing, finance, human resources, engineering and corporate HSE.
- Science/Engineering related bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years' experience in safety/health and industrial hygiene (MSHA/OSHA) compliance preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence others in decision making.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Successful in both team and individual-based work environments.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in basic computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Relational Databases).