ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The position will be primarily responsible for managing the pre- and post-closing activities relating to the administration; on-going monitoring; risk management; account maintenance; and customer servicing of the Specialty Finance Lending (SFL) portfolio. Job responsibilities will involve taking a supportive role on variety of operational activities (based on prior experience and skill level) including: coordinating the facilitation of transaction documentation, booking, and funding; portfolio performance monitoring; account maintenance; general account troubleshooting as necessary; preparing internal reports; and some direct interfacing with customer & investor/participants associated with certain segments of the SFL portfolio. Some specific accounts or business segments may be assigned to the position by the SFL Originations Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide support to SFL Originations Team in coordinating and managing all on-going account maintenance activities and in collaboration with personnel from various internal departments, as well as several external entities, including (but not limited to):
- Internal Departments: KEF operations; KEF Originations Teams; SFL sales; KEF Pricing; KEF credit; SFL Syndications, Portfolio Management; Key Treasury Management, and various other departments within KeyBank.
- External Parties: Third-party Bank/Investor Partners; Outside Counsel; Back-up Servicers; Custodians and Collateral Trustees; and Third-party Auditors.
- The candidate for this position is expected to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the structure and operational administration of SFL Portfolio accounts so as to provide a supportive role relating to (but not limited to) the following:
- Review and analyze servicer reports;
- Facilitate the periodic (monthly/weekly) settlement of principal, interest, and fees with client and investors;
- Assist the SFL Originations Team in preparing loan facility renewals; amendments & waivers; periodic audits; requests for increases in facility exposures; and other tasks assigned by the SFL Originations Manager.
- Prepare; analyze and distribute periodic department reports as necessary.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the LoanIQ System used for managing accounts.
- Assist in a variety of pre- and post closing due diligence tasks relating to new and existing finance facilities, including:
- Organizing and creating the design scope of due diligence and periodic audits to be performed by internal KEF personnel and/or third-party agencies. Review and communicate all audit results to management and advise accordingly as to any current or potential issues or areas of potential operational and/or credit risk.
- Collaborate with various departments and personnel to accurately and timely complete all account administrative activities for both new and existing finance/loan facilities, including (but not limited to):
- Review and complete all legal documentation loan & security agreements; trust agreements; custodian agreements; depository account control agreements; servicing agreements; etc.
- Coordinate closing and funding procedures, as well as periodic advance requests and pay-downs on assigned loan facilities.
- Assist in establishing and managing lockbox structures, DDA accounts; as well as collateral and cash management procedures.
- Develop and prepare Closing Checklists; and assist in preparing Account Management Plans (AMPs).
- Ensure proper booking and account maintenance for all transactions under management.
- Work with transaction parties (investor/participants, services, clients) to ensure timely & accurate fulfillment of advance requests; periodic application of waterfall payments; investor settlements of principal, interest and fees; wire transfers; borrowing base reports, servicer reports, annual audits and other on-going servicing issues that arise.
- Review and validate periodic borrowing base certificates; settlement reports; and supporting documents.
- Assist in facilitating various renewals, loan increases, amendments, waivers, and agreement modifications on existing loan facilities.
- Process and facilitate various other Client/Investor requests as requested,
- Assist in the periodic review of servicer reports; investor settlement reports; financial statements and reports; and borrowing base reports to insure timely adherence with the facility requirements and covenant compliance. Provide written analysis outlining any trends or areas of potential operational and/or credit risk.
- Attend periodic meetings with prospective and existing clients, as requested by management,.
- Complete any other tasks relating to the ongoing administration of the SFL portfolio, as requested by management.
- The candidate for this job should possess the skills necessary to become fully proficient in the SFL portfolio in order to effectively handle all on-going account management. The position requires prior experience related in the following functional areas:
- Finance & banking operations; portfolio management; loan accounting; credit underwriting; pricing; loan documentation and servicing;
- Traditional commercial lending products (term loans, revolving loans, equipment finance products, treasury and cash management products, DDA account, and hedging instruments).
- Bachelors Degree required with concentration in business or finance;
- Proven communication and negotiation skills both written & oral;
- Proven organizational and relationship building skills;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business and financial reports, with experience utilizing spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel).
1000 South McCaslin Boulevard
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
1000 South McCaslin Blvd, Superior CO