WestVet, a MedVet partner, is a fast-growing Emergency and Specialty provider with practices nationwide. We help our patients receive advanced medical treatments and innovations. Things like chemotherapy and radiation, cardiac ablations, treatments for glaucoma, physical rehabilitation, dermatology and so much more! We are looking for collaborative and driven people to join our clinical team.
We thrive on people living out our core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion to get their job done. Use your passion to drive the MedVet experience for our clients and patients, as well as your teammates.
We are looking for:
Emergency Veterinary Technician Assistant
Never a dull moment in the ER! Our patients need constant supervision to ensure treatment plans are being executed. This department is perfect for someone who can identify patient distress and react accordingly, enjoys assisting with recovery and client follow up and education.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure patients receive quality care
- Ensure documentation is accurate and complete
- Oversight/care for stable patients
- Assist Veterinary Technicians with patient restraint
- Manage the restocking of supplies for clinical teams
- Maintain clean treatment areas and manage laundry needs of department
Who you are:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client service skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, self-motivated and strong attention to detail
- Work successfully as a team member and autonomously
- Sense of urgency, Critical thinking skills
- Effective patient restraint
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Prior veterinary experience required
Perks and Benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental
- HSA, FSA and Independent Care Spending
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning on your first day
- Shift Differentials and On-call Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Pet Discounts and Pet Insurance
- Elective Short-Term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance and company paid Long Term Disability
- Continuing Education Opportunities and Assistance Program
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
MedVet does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters.