Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL - Business Assurance is seeking an experienced Social Auditor - Lead Assessor who is responsible for achieving growth in sales through new business development, delivery of services, managing projects and playing an important role in development of others through training and technical reviews. You will get the opportunity to develop our work on a wide range of sustainability service including but not limited to, labor issues, human rights, safety, health & environment. This position is part of the Supply Chain and Assurance Service Team (North America) and may be based in any home (remote) office in the continental United States.
Tasks May Include
- Achieve growth targets in sales through new business development
- Delivery of assessments on own or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and challenging situations under pressure
- Ability to work professionally with top brands and communicate brand owners requirements internally
- Deliver target utilization across areas of Supply chain and Assurance services
- Conduct social compliance audits based on international recognized schemes and initiatives (SA8000, RBA-Responsible Business Alliance, Wrap, BSCI-Amfori etc. ..) or based on company's social compliance internal programs. Additional competence as auditor in environmental / Health and safety management scheme is preferred.
- Execution of training and technical review to develop other assessors
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical field
- 4-5 years' experience delivering social auditing services
- Must be able to become qualified as an APSCA auditor (i.e. have at least 100+ man-days in social auditing experience).
- Minimum of 1 year of Sales Business Development experience.
- Ability to engage in conversations with all levels of management
- Proven ability to support a customer centric environment
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time and manage own travel and schedules
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time and maneuver throughout multiple levels of client sites either by stairs or elevator
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must possess a valid driver's license and can rent and drive a car and travel on public conveyances when required.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is one of the world's leading certification bodies. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!