MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The Medical Collections Administrator II is a critical role in our Central Business Offices responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the accounts receivable process for an assigned group of payors.
- Ensures claims are processed accurately to secure timely payment.
- Responds to inquiries, questions, and concerns from patients regarding the status of claims in a clear, concise, and courteous manner.
- Conducts follow-up and submits reimbursement appeals for unpaid and/or inappropriately paid claims; ensures appropriate documentation of billing, follow-up, collection, and appeal efforts are recorded on accounts.
- Identifies, researches, and ensures timely processing of billing errors and corrections as they relate to claims; actively participates in problem identification and resolution and coordinates resolutions between appropriate parties.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited college, university or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous high-volume collections experience with HMO's, PPO's, Worker' Comp, Medicare and Medicaid strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to thrive in a production-driven environment
- Excellent time management & multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook suite of products; demonstrated aptitude for learning new software programs
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.