System Dev Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, Lab126 has produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Dash Button.
We run a large developer infrastructure platform and have developed or implemented tooling which enables Amazonians to collaborate internally as well as with third-party vendors which teams across Amazon work with. We are looking for a skilled developer to join our team who would own feature development, performance, scalability and operational excellence on our platform. This includes working on existing in-house developed/ third party tools or developing new solutions like zero trust, identity management etc. You will work directly with our customers to make sure that changes and feature requests are balanced with performance and stability SLAs.
It is a challenge to work with thousands of customers who rely on these platforms and is also a great opportunity for engineers who are looking to push themselves and prove that they can achieve great things.
These systems are heavily used by both internal and external customers alike and have aggressive SLAs, which means architecting a scalable, fault-tolerant system is essential.
You will engage with experienced, cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative solutions. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment. You will take part in designing solutions to hard problems across a global infrastructure platform. You will work closely with multiple DevOps teams to drive the SDLC from concept to launch and ensuring the highest level of for your deliverables.
· You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· You manage multiple priorities and get the right things done at the right times in spite of the fact that the workload is larger than you are.
· You communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with your team and with other groups. You are able to translate detailed technical problems into communicable messages.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features
· Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Driving your own projects, from design through planning to execution. Also work with teams across Amazon on cross-team initiatives.
· Planning and coordinating feature improvements and upgrades around services.
· Improving the user experience around services.
· Analyzing and improving availability, efficiency, capacity, scalability, security and performance of our services.
· Representing Systems Operations while working with internal teams and external partners.
· Troubleshooting and resolving problems with production systems as part of our on-call rotation.
· Developing and maintaining operations tools.
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as , JAVA including object-oriented design • 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
· Master's degree in related degree
· Knowledge of Jira/ Confluence administration and development
· Excellent customer service, communication, documentation, work prioritization and analytical skills.
· Ability and willingness to go above and beyond one’s comfort zone when it comes to learning about other infrastructure services to help integrate and improve them.
· Tuning applications for performance.
· and passion to invent and create new solutions, challenge the status quo and drive positive change.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us