Founded by experts from Data Domain and VMware and backed by leading venture capitalists such as NEA and LightSpeed Ventures, Datrium frees IT from complexity by combining primary, backup, disaster recovery, encryption and mobility in a single platform, called Automatrix.
On top of that platform, we offer Datrium DRaaS, the industry’s first software-defined on-demand disaster recovery with VMware Cloud on AWS for on-premises systems. Now you can eliminate secondary physical DR sites and only pay for DR if you have an actual event. It keeps data safe and secure, and it enables users to confidently execute failover and failback with the click of a button all via an on-demand model.
The is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of something special where you can make a difference!
At Datrium, we asked a few simple questions. Why shouldn’t a data center be as simple and agile as the public cloud? Why shouldn’t your on-premises infrastructure be self-protected like the cloud? Why can’t IT staff run apps without caring about the infrastructure? To address these issues, we built a new infrastructure paradigm for the modern enterprise. We took convergence to the next level by bringing compute, primary, backup, disaster recovery, and security on one software-defined platform. We made the infrastructure effortless so performance is abundant, data is always protected and, if something does goes awry, recovery is instant and perfect. Datrium has figured out a way to bring data as close to the application as possible while at the same time interfacing with a durable capacity tier. We do all of this while providing VM level granularity and management for data without the need for LUNs, fibre channel, or mount points.
Datrium is looking for sharp engineers to join its world class team building industry disrupting storage and data management products. You will join the team working on data replication.
- Design and implement changes and features in data replication.
- This area interacts directly with the filesystem, snapshots, and network communication.
- Create functional specification and design documents.
- Ensure that the quality and performance of the module meet the required criteria.
- The breadth of the role is only limited by the candidates enthusiasm and willingness to pursue issues into adjacent product components.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science and Engineering.
- 0-7 years of experience
- Expertise in C (or C++), Python, and Java programming languages
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms.
- Proficiency and experience in inter-process communication, threading models, synchronization concepts, and complex multithreaded software design.
- Knowledge of networking concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel or Virtualization is an added advantage.
Datrium embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.